The Bivy area (affectionately known) at Smith Rock State Park is a year-round walk-in campground.
Space is available on a first-come first-served basis. Reservations are not accepted. Follow us on Facebook for open and closed alerts when we get texted by the campground hosts.
Overnight camping in vehicles, campers and/or trailers is not allowed. Check out the Campgrounds page for links to vehicle campgrounds.
BIVY CLOSURES UPDATE FEBRUARY 10, 2018:
Most of the work on the Bivy Campground road and parking was done mid last week. Park management tells us they MAY have to close it for a couple days sometime this month to place parking stops but will keep us posted.
AT A GLANCE:
- You can purchase up to 14 nights. Maximum stay is 14 nights.
- You can check in and pay for the night any time after midnight. For example, checking in the early morning, you would buy a camp permit for that night on arrival. (Your ticket is time-stamped to expire at 1:00 PM the following day.)
- Fees are $8 per person per night. It includes the parking permit for the next day and use of the showers.
- The fee station takes credit cards and exact cash only, including coins.
- The campground restrooms and showers are on the north side of the Bivy parking lot.
- Showers are available for $2 to people not registered in the campground.
- Tent sites are located 150+ feet to the south of the campground parking area. (NOTE: see seasonal closure information for this area)
- Fires, smoking and charcoal/wood barbecues are not allowed in the campground. Propane or gas stoves can be operated in the common area located at the parking lot.
- Quiet hours are between 10:00 PM and 7:00 AM.
A recharging station is available by the communal sink area, thanks to an anonymous donor. In addition to a bench, it has 12 plug-ins, complete with a galvanized top for protection.
Pets have to be on a leash no longer than six feet long, and yes--their owners are required to clean up after them. Also they can't be left unattended and tied to any trees, fences, rocks or any other object.