Your RV not working out to stay at the Bivy? SKULL HOLLOW JUST IS 8 MILES FROM SMITH ROCK.
Or you just want to build a campfire and can't do so at Smith Rock State Park? Maybe you just came to share ghost stories about its origin...Skull Hollow Campground (aka The Grasslands) is 8 miles northeast of the main parking area at the park.
The campground this year opens on March 15, 2017 and is generally open through November 15.
AT A GLANCE:
- Water is not available. Services are very minimal so please take your trash with you.
- There are two pit toilets, so not entirely uncivilized.
- You can purchase up to 14 nights. Reservations are not accepted.
- Per night, per site fees are $10 per individual site and $20 for double size sites.
- A single site allows 1 vehicle and 6 people. A double site allows 2 vehicles and 12 people. Double sites normally have 2 tables in them.
- Any other vehicles more than 2 on a double site or more than 1 on a single site are subject to a $5 extra vehicle fee. One trailer or boat in tow is allowed as part of the first vehicle.
- Fires are allowed, although firewood is virtually non- existent so you'll need to bring your own.
- There are 28 campsites with parking pullouts. You can also sleep in your vehicle if you'd like.
- Here is their phone number for more info: (541)416-6640. And here is their website.